Group 3 technologies:
Group 3 technlogies are designed to assist with the presentation of learning or information, and include power point, glogster and prezi. I have chosen Glogster to analyse as I have some working knowledge of power point, and I found Prezi extremely hard to navigate. My explorations with power point can be seen here. I did have a prezi presentation about transport, but when I have accessed it the next time …nothing!
Glogster:
.
Glogster is designed to be an online collage, poster creation that can also upload pictures, text, video and audio. Glogster is free and has the ability for teachers to create class accounts. Glogster also has an education resource library for teachers providing examples of lesson plans that incorporate glogster examples. Glogster is an online tool and as such can be used individually or utilised to enhance connectivist learning through group work.
There are various benefits to the use of Glogster. My Glogster creation follows, including a PMI analysis of Glogster.
For the early years context, Glogster is easy to navigate, and as such younger children can work independently around various Glogs, or in small groups. In addition, with scaffolding and support, the younger children could create their own creative works.
I love the idea of using Glogster to link to the class wiki/website to record and display the children’s work. ( See this example )
As Glogster combine image, text, audio and video it is useful in accessing all the learning senses and styles. In the early years environment, in the pre-concrete phase of learning, hands on experimentation and the ‘doing’ is very important ; Glogster can facilitate this given its interactive nature. In addition, for this developmental age group, repetition, sound and imagery is important and as such glogster provides capacity to meet these specific developmental needs of the students.
Above is a Glogster created to demonstrate the PMI of the tool.

No comments:
Post a Comment